Applicants must have at least a high school diploma or GED, submit three letters of recommendation, official college transcripts or a notarized high school diploma, be interviewed by a CRA Faculty member, and complete the Online Learner Readiness and Montessori Self-Reflection questionnaires. Credit may be given for previous course work in another MACTE accredited course.
Applicants that do not have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree are required to take a writing workshop with CRA before beginning the Certification Program. There is an additional $150 fee for this workshop to be paid before beginning.
Applicants that do not have a high school diploma or credential from a regionally accredited U.S. College/University must submit a transcript to a recognized U.S. credentialing agency (e.g. a credentialing agency that is a member of NACES –the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) for credit equivalency evaluation. If the evaluation determines the non-U.S. transcript to be equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the U.S., the adult learner will then be eligible for an AMS credential upon successful completion. If the evaluation determines that the non-U.S. transcript is not the equivalent of a Bachelors’ degree or higher, then an Associate credential will be awarded. If English is not the applicant’s first language, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) may also be required.
Once all application materials (and the $125 nonrefundable application fee) have been received, an interview (phone or in person) will be scheduled. Late registrations will be accepted based on availability.
Tips for completing your application:
- Your previous education and employment details
- The names and phone numbers of 3 references
- A 250 – 400 word personal statement, describing why you want to become a credentialed Montessori teacher. Include answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a credentialed Montessori Teacher?
- What are your expectations of this program?
- What special qualifications or attributes do you bring to this field?
- How and when did you first learn about Montessori philosophy?
- Describe your experiences working with children.
- Details on how you plan to pay tuition (self or sponsor)
- Make a payment of $125 for the application fee